Skip to main content
REDUCE AND REUSE – HINTS AND TIPS
- Look at what you are buying and see if you can avoid purchases altogether. The best way to avoid waste is not to buy or to look at repairing and reusing something you already have.
- Carry a reusable bottle and find free water refills using the Refill app.
- Remember to take your reusable cup for your take-away caffeine hit, or slow down and enjoy a sit in cuppa.
- Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags when going shopping (keep them in the car, or by the front door, and maybe keep the odd one or two folded away in your bag for those unplanned purchases).
- Check out your local refill shops with your empty containers, for a variety of refill items; like oats, pasta and washing up liquid.
- Take advantage of any reuse schemes in place at festivals and venues, returning the cups and glasses to be reused time and time again.
- Opt for reusable take-away options from your favourite eateries, and if they are not an option ask for them to look into the possibility.
- Take your own containers for when shopping at the cheese and deli counters in supermarkets.
- Buy the long-lasting food and drink in larger packets to reduce the overall packaging used.
- Ditch the disposable wipes in favour of reusable alternative. From baby wipes to make-up remover pads reusables are widely available. You can even repurpose old rags for reusable cleaning cloths.
- If you’re a sucker for a straw, why not invest in a reusable one?